Special Medicaid Bulletin Available
A January 2016 Special Medicaid Bulletin titled CBSA Codes and Hospice Rate Reform has been posted.
Concurrent Hospice and Personal Care Services Will Begin Jan. 1, 2016 (Clinical Coverage Policy 3D, Hospice Services)
Effective Jan. 1, 2016, Clinical Coverage Policy 3D, Hospice Services, will allow concurrent hospice and personal care services for Medicaid and dually eligible adults living in a primary private residence. Register for December webinars on the policy change and coordination of services. Space is limited.
Hospice services is a coordinated program of services that provides medical, supportive and palliative care to terminally ill customers and their families/caregivers. Program coverage complies with 10A NCAC 13K, North Carolina Rules Governing the Licensure of Hospice, NC General Statute 10 G.S. 131E-201 and Federal Code of Regulations 42 CFR 418.
- Hospice participation may limit Medicaid reimbursement of other services
- Hospice benefit covers all care pertaining to the terminal illness
- Services are provided according to a care plan established by an interdisciplinary team of medical professional and social support staff employed by, or under contract with, the hospice agency, as allowed by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Each care plan describes the method to provide services to meet the beneficiary’s medical, psychosocial and spiritual needs
- Services are provided in private homes, hospice residential care facilities, adult care homes, or in nursing facilities and hospitals when there is a contractual arrangement between the hospice and the facility.
Medical Assistance Clinical Section