Personal Care Services
Personal Care Services (PCS) provides personal care services to individuals residing in a:
- Private living arrangement
- Residential facility licensed by North Carolina as an adult care home
- Combination home as defined in G.S. 131E-101(1a).G.S. 131E-101(1a)
- Group home licensed under Chapter 122C of the General Statutes and under 10A NCAC 27G.5601 as a supervised living facility for two or more adults whose primary diagnosis is mental illness, a developmental disability or substance abuse dependency
These services benefit individuals who require assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), including:
To qualify for PCS, an individual must have a medical condition, disability or cognitive impairment, and demonstrates unmet needs for:
- Three of the five ADLs with limited hands-on assistance
- Two ADLs, one of which requires extensive assistance
- Two ADLs, one of which requires assistance at the full dependence level
PCS program eligibility is determined by an independent assessment conducted by the Division of Medical Assistance (DMA) or its designee, and is provided according to an individualized care plan.
PCS regional training sessions will be held October 3-Nov. 15, 2016. Training topics and materials will be available to registered participants prior to the training dates. Providers can register through the Liberty Healthcare Corporation of NC Medicaid PCS Website. There is no cost to attend trainings, but registration is required.
Providers with additional questions may contact Liberty Healthcare of North Carolina at 1-855-740-1400 or N.C. Division of Medical Assistance (DMA) at 919-855-4360.
Event Dates and Locations
- Monday, Oct. 3, 2016 - Asheville
Doubletree by Hilton-Biltmore, Burghley Room
- Tuesday, Oct. 4, 2016 - Charlotte
Great Wolf Lodge Convention Center, White Pine
- Wednesday, Oct. 5, 2016 – Greensboro/Winston-Salem
Greensboro-High Point Marriott Airport, Grand Ballroom
- Monday, Oct. 24, 2016 – Raleigh
Jane S. McKimmon Conference and Training Center-NCSU, Room will be posted at Information Desk
- Friday, October 28, 2016 - Live Webinar
Registration for the October 28, 2016 Provider Regional Training Live Webinar is now open. Please go to http://nc-pcs.com/training-announcement/ to register.
- Monday, Nov. 14, 2016 - Fayetteville
Holiday Inn Fayetteville I95 South, Grand Ballroom
- Tuesday, Nov. 15, 2016 - Greenville
Holiday Inn-Greenville, Ballroom
"Assessing the Eating Needs of PCS Beneficiaries"
Pettigrew v. Brajer
PCS Stakeholder Group
Medical Assistance Clinical Section