NCTracks Provider Enrollment provides the online application and a checklist for provider qualifications and requirements.
- Providers must provide services only after they are enrolled as an NC Medicaid or NC Health Choice (NCHC) provider.
- Providers must submit their applications with a valid email address.
- Application receipts will be acknowledged by email or by mail.
- The Division of Medical Assistance fiscal agent, CSC, will communicate by email if missing or additional information is needed from providers.
DMA will consider specific requests for retroactive effective dates if:
- A customer has been granted retroactive eligibility
- An emergency service was provided
- Medically necessary services were rendered and the provider's credentials, licensure, certifications, etc., were active and in good standing for the earliest effective date of service
DMA cannot provide special consideration for processing of enrollment applications due to provider error, incomplete information, or due to a delay in obtaining credentialing, endorsement or licensure information from another agency.
Providers are required to recredential every five years, using the online process in NCTracks, to continue Medicaid program participation. You will receive a notice posted to your NCTracks Message Center Inbox 45 days in advance of your recredentialing deadline.
Providers who do not complete the recredentialing process on time will be suspended from Medicaid program participation. If recredentialing is not completed within 30 days after the notification, participation will be terminated.
North Carolina law requires that providers pay a $100 fee for Medicaid recredentialing.
Note that recredentialing does not apply to time-limited enrolled providers, such as out-of-state providers. Out-of-state providers must complete the enrollment process every 365 days.