Health Choice Dental Providers
Click on the closest pin to your location for more information and driving directions.
If you need dental treatment, you will need to go to a dentist who is enrolled in the NC Health Choice Program. Contact the public health dental hygienist in your area for more information on dental referrals for Health Choice beneficiaries.
The following providers offer dental services:
- General Dentists – Provide exams, X-rays, preventive services, fillings, complete and partial dentures, and simple extractions to patients of a wide age range
- Pediatric Dentists – Provide exams, X-rays, preventive services, fillings and simple extractions for children. Many pediatric dentists also treat children and adults who have special health care needs
- Endodontists – Provide specialized root canal therapy
- Oral Surgeons – Provide extractions and oral surgery services
- Orthodontists – Provide braces
- Periodontists – Provide specialized periodontal services
- Prosthodontists – Provide removable complete and partial dentures
- LHD – Local Health Departments provide exams, X-rays, preventive services, fillings and simple extractions
- FQHC – Federally Qualified Health Centers (also known as Community Health Centers - CHC) provide exams, X-rays, preventive services, fillings and simple extractions
- RHC – Rural Health Centers provide exams, X-rays, preventive services, fillings and simple extractions
Download spreadsheet version of Dental Providers.