Nursing Facility Cost Report – Long-term Skilled Nursing Care
Nursing facilities that provide long-term skilled nursing care are required to report financial information to Medical Assistance.
All providers will use CMS 2540/CMS 2552 cost reporting forms plus the NC Medicaid Supplemental Schedules.
Download “SNF 2017 Instructions Version 5.01” for Medical Assistance requirements that must be followed when preparing the “NC NF Supplemental Cost Report 2017 – Version 5.01” Excel cost reporting forms.
Nursing Facility with a 2017 FYE on or before Dec. 31, 2017
- SNF 2017 Instructions - Version 5.01
- NC NF Supplemental Cost Report 2017 - Version 5.01
- NC NF Medicaid Supplemental Cost Report FAQS
State-owned Nursing Facility FYE June 30, 2017
- State-owned/operated skilled nursing facility providers file annual Medicaid cost reports with Medical Assistance using the CMS 2540 cost reporting schedules. Cost reports are due within 5 months after the provider's fiscal year end.
- State-owned/operated provider-based nursing facilities file annual Medicaid cost reports with Medical Assistance using the CMS 2552 cost reporting schedules. Cost reports are due within 5 months after the provider's fiscal year end or 37 days from the date of the hospital's PS&R, whichever is later.
Cost Limitations for FY 2017
- Director's Fees: $2,400 annually or $200 per meeting
- Owner or Administrator Salary:
- $57,097 (1-50 beds)
- $69,336 (51-99 beds)
- $73,414 (100-149 beds)
- $79,006 (150-199 beds)
- $89,724 (200-249 beds)
Medical Assistance Finance Section